MAKE-UP Policy (Missed Class)
As a student of The Ballet School, you have the opportunity to make-up a class which you have missed during a 3 month period. Also, please note, you can make-up a class before you miss it, if you know in advance that you will not be able to attend your regular class. In order to get a make-up, your tuition needs to be current. We cannot give make-up classes to students who are behind in tuition payment. It is also important to note, that a make-up class will only be accepted by the instructor if there is space in the class. A make-up will not be accepted into a class that has a full attendance. You must be enrolled in the school to use a make-up class. The make-up is non-transferable to another student.
- Observation of classes is allowed and encouraged at all times, we have viewing windows into all studios.
- The school is not responsible for personal property.
- No smoking is permitted inside of the school.
- No chewing gum is allowed inside the studio.
- In the BALLET TRAINING PROGRAM classes, students are not permitted to enter class after plies have begun.
- Students may not leave BALLET TRAINING PROGRAM classes before the class has concluded.
- Students should always wear clothes over their dancewear coming into the school and leaving the school. Students should also wear regular shoes coming and going into the school.
- Your child should be picked up on time after class. We cannot be responsible to care for your children outside of class. If picking up at our back door, the student must wait inside our back hallway and watch for your car. We cannot be responsible for them if they are outside of the school.
- Communication is important, and conferences with teachers and students are welcomed with a parent or guardian present.
- The Ballet School Performing Arts reserves the right to refuse classes to anyone.
Please note the following dates on your calendar. The Ballet School is open year round, but does close for the holidays listed below. When a holiday or holiday break falls within a monthly tuition period, students still pay full tuition for that month, but a make-up class can be obtained in the office to be used either before or after the holiday takes place. You have 3 months to make-up any class missed as long as the student is enrolled in our school.
|CLOSED Monday, January 16||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|CLOSED Monday, February 20||President’s Day|
|Sunday, March 19||Young Actors Studio Summer ProgramSHOWCASE|
|CLOSED Friday, April 14 – Sunday, April 16||Easter Weekend|
|Sunday, May 7||SPRING CONCERT|
|Sunday, May 21||PIANO RECITAL|
|CLOSED Thursday, May 25 – Monday, May 29||Memorial Day Weekend|
|Sunday, June 11||The Ballet School’s DEMONSTRATION
(943-SHOW) held at Lesher
Center for the Arts. The list of which show you are in will be posted at the school in April.
**EVERYONE in the school particpates**
|Friday, July 7||Young Actors Studio Summer ProgramSHOWCASE
(943-SHOW) held at Lesher
Center for the Arts
|CLOSED Tuesday, July 4||4th of July|
|July 11 – July 22||YAS: Inside the Actors Studio Summer Program|
|July 22 & July 29||FREE Summer Workshops
(Once Upon A Christmas – all students in the Beg-Inter-Adv levels are invited to attend)
|CLOSED Monday, August 7 – Sunday August 12||SUMMER BREAK (school closed)|
|CLOSED Monday, September 4||Labor Day Weekend|
|Sunday, October 8||Young Actors Studio Summer ProgramSHOWCASE|
|5:00PM CLOSED Tuesday, October 31||Halloween|
|CLOSED Wednesday, November 22 – Saturday, November 25||Thanksgiving Weekend|
|Friday, December 1 at 11:00am & 7:00pm Saturday, December 2 at 2:00pm and 7:00pm||One Upon A Christmas Performances
(943-SHOW) held at the Lesher Center for the Arts
|Sunday, December 3||PIANO RECITAL|
|CLOSED Monday, December 18-January 1||School closed for Holiday Break|
|Tuesday, January 2, 2018||Classes resume as regularly scheduled|